Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Little Letter To My Little Sis

Disclaimer; we are not actually sisters but everyone always has that one person that is years older or younger than them, that isn't actually their sister, but is their sister if you're catching my drift.



Tayla, 
        I feel like I never actually tell you face to face how important you are to me. Probably because even thought we aren't sisters by blood, you still annoy me as if we were. So this is my way of doing it.

You are by far the sassiest person I've ever met. Sometimes I truly believe you are the human version of a headache. You're loud, and you're crazy and did I mention annoying. Oh, and you hog pillows and blankets AND push me off the air mattress when you're sleeping. But at the end of the day I wouldn't wanna have you any other way. (And you can thank me for the rhyme because I didn't even realize it until I typed it so your're welcome.) 

   Despite everything else, I am so unbelievably proud of the young woman you have become. You have been doing so well in school, even better than I did! High school is definitely tough, but you will survive. Life gets so much better after high school, you have to believe that. Never believe that things won't get better because they always will. I can't even compare your dancing from what it was when I met you to what it is now. I remember being so proud of you when you finally did back hand spring, then your side Ariel, and even your first solo. And I don't even want to talk about the fact that you're taking drivers ed. I might not tell you as much as I should, but I promise that I really am proud of you. I didn't think I could be any more proud, but here I am seeing you now, prouder than ever. You have such a great head on your shoulders.



I want you to enjoy all of the best parts of your age. Like, driving around with your friends in your first car, getting accepted to your dream schools, screaming at the top of your lungs in the stands at the last home football game when you are a Senior. You have so many things to look forward to. 



A few things I want you to remember. Take everything in and take nothing for granted. Nothing lasts forever so inhale everything you possibly can and keep it with you for as long as you can. Appreciate the people around you. Don't sweat the small stuff. And most importantly, know how much I'm rooting for you.

You have so many things ahead of you Tay, the world is waiting for you.


Xo~ Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment