Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Things To Be Happy About

Everyone knows its easier to pick out the negatives in life over the positives, I 100% agree. However, life is all about accepting challenges. I personally feel that instead of sitting down pondering about the negatives, you should rejoice and discuss the things that make you happy!

Below I've posted a short list of just 8 minor events that make my life super happy, enjoy!

  • The first warm day of the year. There is nothing more exciting than the feeling of throwing your uggs into the back of you closet and being able to permanently (for 4 months) be able to take out your cute dresses and sandals. (Unless you live in New England where you never know whats going on with the weather am I right???)
  • Eating cookie dough.  Don't get me wrong, I love nice, warm, fresh baked cookies as much as the next person, but if eating cookie dough is wrong, the I absolutly don't want to be right.
  • Eating birthday cake. Now I know you can't sit here and honestly tell me you have never gone out and bought birthday cake to eat. Oh you have???  But wait, here is the catch, was it actually your birthday??? I'll be completely honest, I just bought a cake yesterday and it was not my birthday! But shhh dont tell my mom! She would tell me "too many calories"
  • Breakfast food. Breakfast for breakfast, breakfast for lunch, breakfast for dinner, breakfast for a snack! You can never go wrong with some waffles and bacon no matter what time of the day!
  • Cute elderly couples. Nothing makes my heart warmer than seeing elderly couples still together after so long and still so in love! Sometimes I just want ot run up and hug them and congratulate them on all they have accomplished TOGETHER. It gives me reason to believe true love is still alive.
  • When a stranger compliments you. There is nothing I love more than someone complimenting my hair/makeup/outfit/etc. I feel like screaming "YES THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA I SPENT 27 MINUTES OF AGGRAVATION THROWING CLOTHES AROUND MY ROOM TO MAKE THIS OUTFIT HAPPEN GOD BLESS YOU" but then I remember I wouldn't want them to take back the complement and replace it with saying I'm weird or anything. So I just say "Thank you so much" and walk away while internally screaming (and of course tweet about it)
  • Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you have more time to sleep. I dont care how much time I have. If I have to be up at 7am and I wake up at 6:56am, you can bet your bottom dollar my butt is going back to sleep for those 4 minutes.
  • The sound of the icecream truck. No lie, as i sit here typing this, I'm also currently humming the tune of the icecream truck.



Its the little things in life that matter

Xo~Mandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment