Friday, December 12, 2014

Read This

Ever have one of those days/months/years/centuries that are (pardon my french) just kicking your butt? I'll be the first to admit it, working 40 hours a week, while being a full time college student, and still maintaining to dance three days a week can be stressful (disclaimer, I am not trying to brag about my hectic life in any way, shape, or form).

So I just wanted to share five of my favorite quotes that help me get through some rough times. Sure, some words on a piece of paper may not impact your life in any positive way the first time you read it, but if you read it a second, third, even a fourth time and let the true meaning behind those simple words sink in it may shift your perspective in a different direction, and to me, that's when it is all worthwhile.

This is probably my all time favorite quote by a very inspirational woman:



Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring- Marilyn Monroe

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine the brightest- Napoleon Hill

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style- Maya Angelou

You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously- Dr. Steve Maraboli

Xo~ Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment